Around 20 years ago, my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer.
After her diagnosis, she took the advice of her oncologists at the Cleveland Clinic and underwent a mastectomy followed by many rounds of chemotherapy.
Praise God, after all of her treatments, she was diagnosed as being “cancer-free” and healthy. But for the next several years, she was sicker than she’d ever been in her life and struggled with constipation, candida, depression and chronic fatigue syndrome.
Then, around nine years after her first diagnosis, a terrible thing happened: She was diagnosed with cancer again. At that point, I had experience working in the natural health field, so when I flew home, we prayed together and talked about the best healthcare strategy. She decided to pursue natural cancer treatments by focusing on diet and lifestyle changes.
My mom started following an all-natural plan that included vegetable juicing, probiotic foods, immune-boosting supplements, stress reducing techniques and prayer. And after only four months, the tumors on her lungs had shrunk significantly and one year after that, she was again diagnosed as being “cancer-free” and healthy. It’s now been 10 years and my mom recently turned 60 years old.
I am often asked, “What exactly did your mom do?” Here are the natural cancer treatments and strategies she followed to heal her body.
1. The Gerson Therapy and Juicing
Dr. Max Gerson, the German-born American medical doctor who developed one of the most effective natural cancer treatments over 90 years ago. Coined the “Gerson Therapy,” Dr. Gerson helped hundreds of cancer patients activate their body’s extraordinary ability to heal itself by recommending:
- Organic, plant-based foods
- Raw juices
- Coffee enemas
- Beef liver
How the Gerson Therapy Works
- The Gerson Diet – Consisting of eating only organic fruits, vegetables and sprouted ancient grains.
- Detoxification – The Gerson Therapy utilizes coffee enemas as the primary method of detoxing the body by increasing the parasympathetic nervous system. For cancer patients, this may take up to five enemas each day.
The Budwig Protocol
Budwig diet protocol Dr. Budwig claimed to have had over a 90 percent success rate with her protocol over a 50-year period!
My “Beyond Budwig” Recipe
Because of the changes in agriculture, I suggest this updated 21st century version of the Budwig Protocol:
- 6 ounces cultured dairy (cottage cheese, goat’s milk kefir or amasai)
- 4 tablespoons sprouted and ground chia or flax
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Mix all the ingredients together in bowl or blender and consume once daily.
3. Proteolytic Enzyme Therapy
In 1906, John Beard focused on high dose porcine-based pancreatic enzyme therapy and eating a holistic diet to create an internal environment in which the body can more thoroughly heal itself.
He discovered that a vegetarian diet suppresses sympathetic function, whereas the opposite is true with a meat-rich diet. So after dividing patients into different categories based of their metabolic differences, genetic and physical make-up, here are the recommendations:
- People with epithelial tumors like lung, pancreas, colon, prostate, uterine cancers are prescribed a largely plant-based diet with minimal to no animal protein.
- People with blood or immune based tumors like leukemia, myeloma or lymphoma are put on a high-animal protein, high-fat diet with minimal-to no animal proteins.
- People with blood or immune based tumors like leukemia, myeloma or lymphoma are put on a high-animal protein, high-fat diet with minimal-to-moderate plant foods.
In addition, these physicians recommend taking 5 grams of proteolytic enzymes 3 times daily on an empty stomach between meals to reduce inflammation
Vitamin C Chelation
- Chelation therapy uses chemicals or natural compounds to remove toxic metals from the body. The word “chelate” means to grab onto something, which describes chelating agents’ ability to grab onto toxins.
Along with vitamin C chelation, consuming more vitamin C-rich foods may also prevent and fight cancer.
5. Frankincense Essential Oil Therapy
Recommended by Dr. Budwig (especially when it comes to fighting brain tumors), frankincense essential oil is one of the most unbelievably effective natural cancer treatments.How Frankincense Essential Oil Therapy Works
Rub frankincense essential oil on your neck three times daily. Also, drink three drops in 8 ounces of water three times daily.
6. Probiotic Foods and Supplements
Best known as “good bacteria,” probiotics are microorganisms that promote a natural balance in your intestinal microflora. The best way to include probiotics in your dietis in their most natural state, which includes raw milk products such as cheese, kefir and yogurt.
7. Sunshine and Vitamin D3
Science continues to support the fact that high levels of heart healthy, fat-soluble vitamins and minerals are key to keeping your body free of cancer. After just one year of vitamin D3-added supplementation, the risk of developing all cancer types was decreased by an astounding 77 percent.
8. Turmeric and Curcumin
While the link between curcumin and disease reversal has been widely examined, the use of this spice in relation to cancer is one of the most thoroughly researched topics.
A number of laboratory studies on cancer cells have shown that curcumin does have anticancer effects. It seems to be able to kill cancer cells and prevent more from growing.
9. Oxygen Therapy and Hyperbaric Chambers
All normal cells have an absolute requirement for oxygen, but cancer cells can live without oxygen — a rule without exception. Deprive a cell 35 percent of its oxygen for 48 hours and it may become cancerous.
~ Otto Warburg, MD (Nobel Prize in Physiology Winner, 1931)
Dr. Warburg made it clear that the root cause of cancer is oxygen deficiency, which creates an acidic state in the human body. He also discovered that cancer cells do not breathe oxygen and cannot survive in the presence of high levels of oxygen, as found in an alkaline state.
10. Prayer and Building Peace
In addition to the many research studies that have been conducted on the healing benefits of prayer, maintaining mental peace and a positive outlook are absolutely critical to cancer prevention and treatment.
Some people utilize Eastern techniques like practicing tai chi or simply feeling gratitude, and these are highly effective in their own right. ..